Join the region's largest network of entrepreneurs!
Since 1995, we have worked with thousands of firms to promote job growth and economic vitality throughout southwestern Pennsylvania. Exclusive membership gives you access to a dynamic mix of cutting-edge educational programs, customized consulting, peer forums, social events, and other resources to help you succeed now and in the future.
Staying up to date on the latest developments in sales, marketing, finance, and other business topics can be challenging in this fast-paced world. To support life-long learning, the Institute sponsors a series of educational programs delivered by engaging, internationally-renowned speakers on topics highly relevant to family-owned and closely held firms. You will leave these sessions with valuable insights and practical tips to help you increase profits, broaden your customer base, and tap into new markets.
Entrepreneurs can learn a lot from each other. To make it easy for members to offer support and seek advice, the Institute convenes professionally-led peer forums. Each forum is comprised of 12-14 carefully selected and matched members who meet regularly in an environment of confidentiality and trust to explore business, family and personal aspects of operating a business.
The Institute’s Signature Socials give members a chance to take a break from work and get to know other business leaders. These popular events take place at distinctive private venues.
Every business is unique so the Institute provides consulting to help members leverage their strengths to overcome challenges. Our team has worked with thousands of companies on a wide range of projects, including:
Developing plans to launch, expand or acquire a business;
- Using information technology to improve operations;
- Forecasting financial markets to stay ahead of the curve;
- Tapping into public and private sources of capital;
- Conducting market research to identify new opportunities;
- Leveraging social media tools to attract and retain customers;
- Addressing ownership and management issues through succession planning; and
- Strengthening governance through board leadership development
ADDITIONAL MEMBER BENEFITS
- Access to a private LinkedIn group where Institute members can network with each other and discuss topics of interest to entrepreneurial leaders
- Discounts on tuition for the Institute’s Entrepreneurial Fellows Program and other programs sponsored by the University of Pittsburgh’s Joseph M. Katz School of Business